Thursday, July 29, 2010

A few races have happened since my last post. The first one was Raccoon Mountain. This was supposed to be my race! I knew the course well, and was riding strong. I was flying, apparently a little too fast. I don’t even know what I hit, but I flipped over my handlebars, and managed to hit my chin on a rock. Also, hitting my shoulder and hand (which still hurts). After I fell, I got up quickly, then screamed, once I realized I was covered in blood! At the time, I couldn’t assess the damage to my face, I just knew it was a lot of blood! It wasn’t bad, luckily, just butterflied my chin for a few days. It’s a little embarrassing going into work with bandages on your face and arms!!

The next race was the SERC make-up race at Ft. Mountain State Park in GA. I had to do this race because of my crash. I needed to do well to replace my score. This course was about three-fourths climbing. It was physically demanding, but it was the least technical course I’ve raced on this year. I got second in this race, behind a Pro rider. And Catherine got 4th! She totally rocked!

Last weekend was a local TBRA race at Haw Ridge. This trail system is where I began and learned how to mountain bike!!! I didn’t pre-ride the course, but I was really happy about the trails chosen for the course! It was a hot race, so it was really hard to tell how I felt, I just felt hot! Kym, Emily, and Starr where also there, and a few other girls. I definitely had some competition. I ended up 2nd behind Kym, which I’m thrilled about!

One more SERC race, next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment